Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Open Access Publishing Resources
Web of Science (WoS) Master Journal List
• Tool to help you to find the right journal
• Searches across multiple indices hosted on the Web of Science platform
• WoS Core Collection is curated by an expert team of in-house editors, includes only journals that demonstrate high levels of editorial rigor and best practice
• Additional or specialty indices: Biological Abstracts, BIOSIS Previews, Zoological Record, and Current Contents Connect, and Chemical Information products
Possible Predatory Open Access Journals
Open Access Models
This chart, used here under a CC-BY license by Open Access Australasia, offers a simple and intuitive way of understanding the various open access models available for journal articles.
What are the different types of open access?
Journal Article Versions
- article before peer review or editing by the journal
- article submitted to a preprint server
Accepted Manuscript (AAM)/Postprint
- article accepted for publication
- includes all changes made by journal or publisher during peer review process except editing and typesetting
Final Published Version/Version of Record
- peer reviewed, edited, formatted, and typeset version of the article
- includes tagging, indexing or improvements made by journal or publisher
- includes post publication corrections made by journal or publisher